Now that we have all of that out of the way...
As many of us baking enthusiasts know, this is the Holy Grail of all recipes.
Perfection. A bold statement, I know. I encourage you to taste for yourself.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temp
- 4 tsp REAL vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 4 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or other large bowl), combine softened butter and sugars. Mix on medium speed until light and fluffy, scraping down the bowl with a spatula as necessary.
- Mix in eggs, one at a time, scraping the bowl after each addition.
- Add vanilla, baking soda, baking power, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Slowly add flour, mixing until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, drop dough onto a parchment lined pan, leaving 2-3 inches between cookies.
- Bake for 12 minutes (or until lightly browned)
If you would like to watch an actual demonstration, you can head over to Instagram @jessiefromscratch and watch my very first IGTV baking production. Don't be too hard on me...I am new to the video thing. I am actually planning on using this platform for some of the new recipe I post. Let me know how you like it. While you are over on Insta, you can also follow me...if you want. I share stories daily.
I will be posting more recipes soon!